Continental Postal Services of Hebland

WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months | WTVB | 1590 AM · 95.5 FM

GENEVA, Aug 18 (Reuters) – Hope remains that it will be possible ​to bring under ‌control an Ebola outbreak in Congo that is currently outpacing containment efforts, a ‌World ​Health Organization official ⁠said on ⁠Tuesday.

The global health agency said earlier this month that reversing Ebola’s spread ​would be possible within a three-month period ⁠but since ⁠then there have ​been signs that it has ​worsened, spreading to a ‌sixth province.

“About the next plan for the three months, yes, if ⁠you have the necessary resources, I think it will be ⁠possible ‌to do that,” ⁠Dr. Thierno Balde, ​WHO ‌incident manager, told ​reporters by ⁠video link from Bunia in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

(Reporting by Emma Farge, Editing by Friederike ​Heine)

Credit: Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.